Easy Instructions to Connect to Library Databases from Off Campus
1. Go to the Library Home Page or select one of our LibGuides.
2. Click on the database of your choice.
3. A text box will appear.
4. Type your username and password that you use for your Vanguard email.
5. Now you can begin searching the databases for journal articles and other e-resources.
24/7 VU Access Privileges
As a member of the Vanguard University community, you have full access to a host of electronic resources, including databases, journals, magazines, music, images, videos, archives and e-books. Because these are licensed subscriptions, only students, faculty, and staff of Vanguard have access to them. A secure web proxy allows for this access.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Where do I go to access library resources from on and off campus?
The library webpage allows access to the databases and electronic resources: library.vanguard.edu.
- Who may use the web proxy?
Current VUSC students, faculty and staff, as well as emeritus faculty, are eligible.
- When going to a licensed library electronic resource, what information is required in the login and password fields?
Students, faculty, staff, and emeritus faculty use their Vanguard University username and password to gain access to the library resources through the proxy server.
When you attempt to access one of the licensed library web resources, you will be prompted to enter your username and password, the same ones you use to access your VU email.
If you are a current student, faculty, staff member, or emeritus faculty, and you do NOT yet have your VU username and password, please contact the IT Department at (714) 619-6500 to obtain this information.
Yes. You will be prompted for your username and password when you try to access the resources from on and off campus. Once you have logged in, you can use different databases without being prompted for your username and password. If you close your browser, you will need to log in again.
You can use a Mac, a PC, a mobile device or a tablet to access the databases and other electronic resources.
You can use Mozilla, Internet Explorer, Safari, Chrome, or any browser you choose.
Call our Information Technology Department at (714) 619-6500 or email at email@example.com.